domingo, 11 de noviembre de 2007

Cada loco con su tema

This is a phrase that I overheard last night that I'm pretty sure I've come across previously, though I can't remember in what context. Anyway, I reallly like it. "Every crazy person with his theme" or maybe to be more coloquial "Every crazy person has their thing" or "Everyone has their own obsession." OK, I'll stop with the endless 'ors' of translation.

But it's just so true. And I think that it is true in three ways. And here they are:

1) As I grow up I start to find the connections between all of the seemingly diverse subjects that I find fascinating. It's like "oh, I like words and I like people and I want to know all about both and about their interactions." I'm just trying (allbeit clumsily) to access this theme from a variety of angles.

2) Everyone has "a thing." A thing or, two, or three. Everyone likes River Pheonix, or biking, or chess, or vinegar, or prose poems or something. We share or hide our quirks as the mood strikes, the theme we are crazy about.

3) Everyone has "their thing" in that everyone has hang-up(s) which they keep re-encountering. More and more you find yoursef following the same patterns of behavior, oh, it's hard to avoid your theme.


In other news, my housemates really need to clean the kitchen, joder. Gross.

1 comentario:

Deborah dijo...

Seriously, everyone does love River. I finally found this blog and will read religiously! Speaking of religion, I went to services last night. And I owe you an email soo bad. It will come!