miércoles, 5 de diciembre de 2007

I can't stop my brain

So, lately, I haven't been getting enough sleep. I mean, it's not like I'm terribly busy but I came out of the weekend tired and it is impossible to get enough sleep during my mini-work week (I mean, honestly, I cannot go to sleep early enough to wake up rested at 5:30am). This has led to a series of...mishaps:

1) Run in with a tree
(This is only a presumed run-in because I have no memory of it but I did discover a lot of sap in my hair yesterday afternoon. I have, then, inferred that I had some contact with a sap bearing plant based on the persistent stickiness of a small section of the back of my hair. I did not take immediate action on this front, aside from a pony-tail to keep me secret, but maybe I should have because this morning a very vigorous shampoo and generous conditioning proved ineffective in the removal of the offending foreign substance.)

2) Broken Knife
(You know that one really dull knife in the kitchen, come on there's one in every kitchen, you know, yeah, that one. Don't cut bread with it. Especially not day-old bread. Especially not before 7am. Yeah. Because the handle might snap in half and somehow wound your unsuspecting index fingers in the process.)

3) Spilled Nescafé/Shattered Nescafé Container
(First of all, this item was brought to my house and I have consumed none of it, though, in my European incarnation I am not strictly against the consumption of instant coffee. Secondly, who would have thought that shoving lots of food items haphazardly onto one shelf at increasingly bizarre angles would ever result in catastrophe? Not me, apparently.)

Well, today I've protected myself from further exhausted clumsiness through over-cafination. Yup, I've had 3 cups of coffee today. Interestingly, I did not pay for any of them. Though, I may be sleepy, I am clever. However, my cleverness not withstanding, I should be able to buy my own coffee for a while since the Basque government has finally (but, finally!) decided to pay me. So far I've used this money for: smoked salmon, mushroom ravioli and Hagan Dos chocolate ice cream. Maybe, soon I will buy clothes/shoes (one of my favorite conversational subjects is how I need better shoes for when it rains).

Oh, and lest I forget: Happy Hannukah! I have a tiny menorah with tiny candles (thanks to my lovely mother) and I just borrowed Carlos' lighter sneakily without asking. Oh, I do love tradition.

1 comentario:

Ashley dijo...

Happy Fourth Day of Hanukkah, Gesse! I do hope you rest soon; I fear what may happen to your hair, brain, fingers and other necessary anatomical parts...